Goals of the Bennett Pierce Prevention Research Center
2015-2020 Strategic Plan for the Bennett Pierce Prevention Research Center [PRCPlan.pdf]
Review our current research projects.
- Conduct longitudinal, developmental research on risk and protective factors and their relation to well-being and maladaptation
- Conduct research to better understand how communities can work together with families, schools, community groups (social service, youth groups, the faith community) and industry to promote healthy lifestyles for children, youth and families
- Collaborate with Pennsylvania, national, and international communities to design, implement, and evaluate preventive interventions
- Conduct clinical trials of innovative models to promote competence and prevent maladaptive outcomes for children, families and communities
- Coordinate prevention research activities within the College of Health and Human Development and promote prevention research throughout Penn State, as well as nationally and internationally
Review our current training opportunities.
- Provide research seminars on prevention science for faculty and graduate students throughout the Penn State system
- Fund prevention fellowships for advanced doctoral training in prevention science
- Provide policy-relevant information on best practices in prevention to federal, state, local, and international governments
- Provide assistance to communities (local, national, and international) on the development, implementation, and evaluation of prevention programming