Lessons from the Field: “Implementation of the Standard Program Evaluation Protocol in Pennsylvania”
Shawn Peck, SPEP™ Project Manager, EPISCenter
- Tuesday December 3, 2019 from 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
- 312 Biobehavioral Health Building
- Learn more: http://prevention.psu.edu/people/peck-shawn
Shawn Peck will share his experiences from his work throughout Pennsylvania with the juvenile justice system and the implementation of the Standard Program Evaluation Protocol (SPEP)™, including:
- Challenges and wins associated with implementation of a research-based metric used for program evaluation.
- Developing stakeholder engagement within a decentralized system and amidst competing initiatives.
- Modifying implementation to accommodate the different needs of urban and rural settings.
This seminar will also be broadcast online via Zoom at https://psu.zoom.us/j/344754344 (Please note the new URL.)
About the speaker:
Shawn Peck is the SPEP™ Project Manager at the Penn State EPISCenter. In this role, he oversees the expansion of SPEP™ implementation, influences continuous quality improvement, and supervises six regionally based SPEP™ Implementation Specialists. He began implementing the SPEP™ in 2013 with Allegheny and Dauphin Counties and became a Level 2 SPEP™ Trainer in 2014. Shawn also provided technical assistance to McKean and Lebanon Counties until 2018. Shawn is in the process of achieving Level 3 Master SPEP™ Trainer Certification from Vanderbilt University and is actively involved with all levels of SPEP™ training. Prior to the EPISCenter, he spent ten years as a service provider and was an Agency Trainer for Aggression Replacement Training® (ART®). Shawn holds a Master of Public Administration from Penn State.